Tuesday, April 7, 2009

my last painting...

it has been a couple of years since i last drew anything.

hard to believe that there was a time in the past...
when i was never without a sketch book and a pencil by my side.

i guess, that part of me has moved on...
evolved into other new windows of opportunity and possibilities
waiting for me to discover.

however...the truth remains that...
i can't seem to be able to put my finger at anything in specific.
i've been wanting to find something that could drive me full speed into the limitless world...
to live only for dreams...
and to be able to say "Yes, this is what i want to do with my life"

i'm confused.
i'm afraid.

will i ever find the life that i wanted?

4 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I saw this and I thought - OH, she must get back to painting and drawing. What a talent you have.

As far as what to do with your life. It will come. The path will reveal itself. I believe it is your job to explore, to dream, and to follow your passions and talents.

moonshin said...

to tell you the truth, i never saw myself as being talented in anything. i have always think that i am just a little bit better than the average.

yes, i could somewhat paint.
yes, i could somewhat make clothes.
but that's it. ordinary.

but still... i want to believe that there must be something that i am good at. good enough to be extra-ordinary.

therefore, i believe you, Relyn. i will hold on to your advice. and allow me to say this, i think you are one COOL teacher =) your words are always so clear, firm, convincing and honest. i wish i had a teacher like you.

have a wonderful day =)

Delwyn said...

Little Moonshin,
after seeing that piece of art I think you MUST get the sketchbook out again and just draw... then maybe try different applications to see what you enjoy most and where it leads.

Perhaps you could keep an art journal for a while...

Its a gift...
like a muscle
exercise it...
and it will grow...

moonshin said...

thank you for the feedback, Delwyn.
nobody ever paid much attention to any of my works before. well...except my Dad. but then again, i've always thought that he was just being a sweet Dad. so...i really welcome any comments regarding my works.

i'll be going back to my hometown tomorrow. so, i'll be absent from the blogging world for a couple of days. i'll try and draw something on my journey.
so...when i'm back i'll show it to you on my blog.

thanks again, Delwyn.

p.s
i really like it when you call me 'little moonshin'. is that my new nickname? =)