Friday, February 13, 2009

Birthday's =)


The earliest memory that i have of my brithdays was when i was 4 years old. I got a pair of cordless telephones - you could talk into the other pair within 100 m radius - so cool! It was a present from Mum and Dad. As soon as i opened the wrappings, the phones were snatched away from me. I didn't get to play with it at least 24 hours later. Yep, it was depressing.

The second birthday that i remember was when i was in standard 3. Mum brought a cake to school. So, i got to celebrate it with my whole class! Mum's chocolate cake is the best! She put a lot of Smarties chocolates on them to make up my name.

Now, these two birthdays that i am going to tell were extra special since it was a surprise birthday parties. The surprise x-factor was always good - it doubles the happiness. The first one was when i was in Matriculation college. The culprit being my own roommates - i never suspected a thing. The second one was held here in campus with close course mates. Well...you know the story (in older posts).

I don't know why...but turning 22 is indeed special. I spent a lot of time thinking things through - things that do matters and things that do not. For once, my senses are alert - drinking every element from the surroundings to enrich my writings - to understand life.

Before now, i have always felt that birthdays should be special. I felt the need to do something extravagant to commemorate that once-in-a-year event. Perhaps doing something out of the ordinary...i honestly, don't know.

But, that was not it. it is the other days - the other 364 days - that will make that one day the special one of all.

2 comments:

fazzy said...

:D anything you wish for this upcoming birthday of yours girl?

moonshin said...

i want jaejoong! lol!
=)