Wednesday, January 7, 2009

never give up on love


Yesterday, i received a comment from a close friend regarding one of my post - 'Simple love'. I remembered as i was composing my reply to her comment, i felt sure of my feelings - true to every word that i know what my heart is saying. Somehow i felt the need to explain myself - more for my sake than hers.

But as i read through the post again...the reply that i wrote...i noticed that something was missing.

i used to believe in love at first sight...
i used to believe in soul mate...
i used to write love poems...putting more than just words - my feelings were genuine.

wanting to look nice and beautiful...
making sure that i have the right sandals on...the right color of scarf...
hoping for a lot of things out of love...and of life...

thinking that this is how it feels to be happy.

Now, it seems like it was a long time ago...having those girly thoughts. Even if fate somehow changed...those feelings that i once had were already lost.

Suddenly, i feel sad knowing for the first time that maybe...i am not even close to forgetting the past. How did i become like this? Why do i forget how to fall in love?

No. i won't allow it. i won't give up my happiness. as of tonight, i promise you that my dear friend.

No comments: