Sunday, January 4, 2009

From a father to a daughter.


They say that "to love and to be loved is the greatest happiness of existence".

I believe it to be true. I wish I could explain my stance clearly to you - stating reasons, debating and discussing to our hearts' content. But I am sorry that I can't. All that I can do is to share this text message that I have received...kept safe in my hand phone after all of these years.

This is a message between a father and a daughter.

"De...we thank you very much for your gifts which we interpreted as a token of your sincerity of feelings towards us. Upon reading your highly charged emotional notes, both of us shed tears. Your notes have managed to touch our old hearts. As for me, I've almost forgotten the last time I ever cried.
De, you're always special to us in your own unique way. In the evening, we went for a special makan. Then, I realized I still love your mom like before".

...........................

"Some truths were too pure to be written down, or even said out loud".
(Excerpt from the novel 'Summer Light', by Luanne Rice)

2 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

There is a line in an old Bruce Springsteen song that goes "And the poets down here don't write nothing at all - they just stand back & let it all be." I was reminded of it by the Rice quote. :)

Beautiful blog & beautiful writing.

Debi

moonshin said...

i am touched...thank you.