Saturday, January 10, 2009

2.00 am (22/12/07)


listening to the radio
using my sonyericsson-walkman hand phone...
fastening the headphones, adjusting the pillows.
it's already 2.00 am.
holding a Pilot G-1 at the ready...
waiting on tenterhooks for any sparks of inspiration to appear
maybe not tonight.

flipping through the pages...
looking at past writings...
careful not to make any noise - don't want my sisters to wake up.

it's too quiet at this time of night.
every little sounds that is inaudible during the day...
seems to have magnified tenfold at this hour.
the bed creaks threateningly as i began to write.

looking at my older sister's face...
her eyebrows furrowed...wonder what kind of dream she is having.
no pimples there...
sleeping next to me - my little sister.
no pimples too - life's not fair.
...a sheepish grin...and considerable amount of drools...
wondering what she is doing in her dream...
herm...

the air-conditioner blasting away at 24degrees Celsius
a bit high for my taste.
the bed is a bit hard...
thinking of campus...i know i'll miss it is a week's time.

giving up on the radio...i switch it to the mp3 mode...
listening to number by Teacher's Pet.
...it takes me back and forth in time...
...remembering my childhood.
feels as if i own the world now...
everything revolves ever so slowly just like in a slumber.

i think, tonight is just not the night.
it's okay.
there's always tomorrow.

No comments: