Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday's Sway

Yesterday. Sunday – 10.00 am.

While waiting for the clock to struck 11,
so that I could go down to the cafeteria for lunch…
I loitered around the room,
snapping photos and making mess.

The clouds outside looked like soft cotton candy…
And the shape was somewhat similar to sugar-coated strawberries.
Okay, maybe I was loosing it.

From faraway I could hear the clanking of pots and pans…
My block is right in front of the cafes.
Over the years, I learned that this is more of a disadvantage than an advantage.
While it provides easy access to midnight snacks and hot pisang goreng,
everyday – delicious, luxurious smell drifts all the way up to my window.
It can be pretty torturous at times, you know.
Not to mention, distracting.

Like always…
I saw monkeys sun-bathing on the rooftops opposite my own.
My lecturer calls them ‘Michaels’ for some reason…herm…
I have learned my lesson last semester…
Since then, I keep the window near the pipe lines closed at all times.
Don’t want Michael swinging in for a surprise visit and
eat up all of my Oreos.

I’m gonna miss my days here for sure…
Even Michael.
On evenings when many of the block inhabitants stood by the window,
chatting with neighbors…
dropping off food for Michaels…
Watching them scurrying after pieces of bread and biscuits is fun.
Even though, they scare the daylights out of me…
I enjoy watching the whole lot of them, including ‘little Michael’.

I’m going to miss watching the sunsets from this window…
The blue sky with the white line…
The twin electrical tower…
The dead tree near Block A…
Watching airplanes crossing the horizon on cold, quiet nights…
Listening to ‘Home’ by Daughtry on the mp3.

My 3rd stop towards the dream.


p/s i was a mess. well, it was Sunday...LOL!

2 comments:

Y said...

cool blog :D

moonshin said...

Thanks ;) Please, drop in anytime. you are most welcome.