Monday, January 11, 2010

Black and White Rainbow


I took several pictures of the sky
yesterday.
Around 7.00 pm…

But a few hours before that, though…

***
Like always…

I started the first few weeks of the semester –
scrubbing floors, unpacking…
accompanied by music.

Then…
Tired, I sat down by the little round table…
in the middle of the room…
curled on the carpet – getting comfortable.
With my laptop on – immersed and lost for hours…
What seemed like only a few insignificant minutes
in the flow of time.

Suddenly…
Like a calling, I turned to look at the sky
from the window in front of me.
The view outside was simply…beautiful.

I was astounded, numbed for a moment – not moving.
I was humbled, looking at God’s creation...

The blend of colors, so genius…
Like in chemical reaction,
Acts like a catalyst,
Waves upon waves of emotions erupted in my chest.

Like a harmony,
I was put under a spell.

To me,
it looked almost melancholic – reminding me of my past.
Childhood seems to pity adulthood for losing its innocence.
Sometimes…
‘Understanding and seeing’ is just as painful as
‘not understanding and not being able to see’.
…suffocates just as much.

After dinner…
I transferred the pictures onto my laptop –
planning to change them into black-and-whites…
my preferred choice.
Tried several times…but none produced the same effects as the originals.

It was like…
Looking at a rainbow, with just black and white.
……..no-nothing.

This time around,
I’ll stick to the originals.
Campus-life might be nearing the end
and the future might appears bleak at the moment…
but perhaps, there are two or three of these brilliances
of light along the path.

Just as how I have stumbled onto this one…
Maybe, I’ll get lucky again.
And with hard work…
I know it’ll be certain.

No comments: