Wednesday, January 25, 2012

the sea...


After a long time....
I went to the beach last Sunday.
An opportunity, perhaps.
Was it a wish came true?
I am not sure...

But it was definitely...
A pleasant coincidence I’d never expected to happen...
I’d never foretold...
A once-in-blue-moon thing...
In the line of work...after spending hours on research papers in a room full of professors and lecturers...
I decided to reward myself at the moment when that SMS came through...

At 5.45, I was walking down by the beach...
Still in my working clothes...white blouse but with jeans since it was Sunday...
So wedges, instead of stilettos....
Feeling the warm-balmy air on my face while smooth-crumpling sand touched my feet...
Tingling at first...but a never forgotten sensation...
a definitely missed,
after all this time...

It was freeing...

I can't help but wonder, was i not 'free' before?

No comments: