Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my sister's wedding


My sister got married last May…
At first…I intended to write something about her wedding in my blog.
But obviously, I’ve failed to do so.
We’re already reaching the end of July.

The feelings are there…but somehow, the words…
Are lost.
I can’t seem to be able to gather them
- to put them into sentences –
To compose a meaningful post…

I do meet up with my brother-in-law occasionally…
on the weekends when my sister came home for a visit.
But if truths are to be told…
I still can’t see the difference.
Everything looks the same to me.
…except, that I have to kiss his hand now, every time we say goodbye.

Part of me is still in disbelief, I guess…
Even though, I did witnessed everything…
Helped with some of the preparations…
Watched her getting her make-up done…
I was even there for the ‘akad nikah’.

Do you know what went through my mind as I wrote this post, sister?
Yes, I know you are reading this.
I remembered the night we slept in front of the tv in the living room…
It was a long time ago…
We’ve made a list of your boyfriends, haven’t we?
….
I am glad that your list did continue until it found S.

Since mine never did continue after the first…
So I’m glad yours did.
Glad that you never give up.

I know it’s late…but congratulation, sis…
So…when is the baby coming?

- the end -

4 comments:

QuE^9^ said...

T.T... made me sad... heart-throbbing post...

moonshin said...

wow, thanks...i was just being honest...never expected it to have that kinda effects...

thanks, Que.

Relyn Lawson said...

OH, please tell me where you found that amazing image to go with your heart-felt words.

moonshin said...

oh..i got it from flickr.com, Relyn. under the keywords of 'wedding'.