Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A cake, a card and a grateful heart.


On our last day of class this semester, my students gave me many priceless presents...

My students had perfect class attendance and they were never late to class but on that day...
I had to wait a full 5 minutes before I decided to call the class rep to find out just what had happened.

She picked up only to say that they were on their way.
To think that it was the last day of lecture; I was heart-broken.

But as soon as I had finished that thought, there was a knock on the door and my class rep entered with a cake in her hands.
My thought was, "Oh my God...."
The rest is self-explanatory.

They gave me words in a card they made themselves. 
Not just any ordinary words; words that will burn brightest in my darkest hour. 
Words that will no doubt put a big smile on my face as I look back on them later in life.

They gave me joy. 
They gave me beautiful memories. 
They gave me meaning.
They gave me strength...

That day, I sincerely felt grateful to be alive.
I was grateful to have become  a teacher and to have these memorable moments with my students.

I love all of you too.


Love, Moonshin.

No comments: