Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Manila Me

I was in Manila for a week.
As usual, for a conference + holiday (sight-seeing).
I learned a lot from the experience...academically and even life, in general.
Mixed around with people - met great new friends.

I think I can finally say...I feel comfortable in my own skin.
I was kind of jumpy and fidgety before...but now I think I have finally understand myself.
I've found my way...
My way to present my thoughts.
My way of standing in my world.

Met a few great names in textbooks I have read while I was still an undergrad...
Names that I have cited in my thesis and memorized to heart.
Familiar faces of lecturers that are now, professors...
I was proud beyond words.

There were tears and some heartaches along the way...
But it's okay because now I know that it won't last for forever.
Sadness will go away.
Happiness will become fond memories.
The hurt will fade a little with time.

I am happy.

No comments: