Tuesday, September 27, 2011

something is just worth protecting...


I have two sets of piercings on both of my ears...
My hair is a bit brownish since I dyed them last month...
I waited till I’ve finished my contract with the school before doing it.
Not the usual image you have in mind for a teacher huh?

I want you to know that I understand this completely...
what it entails...what it means...
Call me a hypocrite if you must...for living two lies...
But I am and will try to protect my students in any way I can...
Even from something or someone like...me.

While I am familiar with the world that they are living in...
While I tried my best to do them justice when I was still their teacher...
If possible, I just wish...I wish I could protect their innocence a while longer...
Even if that means hiding the real me...or at least my current self.

I am not too sure what people will think...
I might look like this...
But in most parts, I do have a share of my own innocence...
I don’t hold all the world answers in the palm of my hands.
And I don’t think that is a bad thing...

I have my own principles and I have my own rules...
There’ll come a day when you’ll understand.
Something is just worth protecting...

No comments: