Sunday, November 4, 2012

Life: Just suck it up and laugh

I was at the Fujikyu Highland Themepark; goofing around in front of the cam with my lil sis.
 2 weeks visit to Tokyo, Japan.
Been wanting to go since forever...
I've visited Harajuku, Odaiba, Kasairinkai Kouen, Tokyo Tower and Fujikyu.

It has been beyond my wildest dreams...and only 2 weeks ago, I was in Delhi...I went to Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.

Looking forward to the future...I wouldn't be able to see or predict such events ever occurring in any chapters of my life....
I am, by all means, ordinary.
My background is ordinary.
I finished school, went to university and then, straight to grad school.
I landed myself a fellowship with a university so, a job is guaranteed once I've received my MA.
And I did. Next month, I'll start lecturing...

I love writing and researching...
and that paves the way to conferences and because of that I get to travel...
Living the kind of life I've always wanted since I was a child...

It hasn't been an easy ride....looking back, only now did i understand...

The days I made myself sit through boring classes...
The pain of not having means to get what you want...
Putting up a smile to people you'd rather smack down right there and then....
Having other people claiming your work is theirs....
Putting up with limited choice of food selection...
Worst of all...when you can only do so much to help Mom and Dad

The worries...the tears...the pain....

But since I'm all aware others suffered much worse....I just took it in my stride...played on some music in my mp3....and keep on walking and smiling.

All of that has given birth to today.
So...I'll wash my brand new car everyday if i wanted too.
I'll smile in pics i took during my trips.
I'll feel happy and proud of myself without feeling any guilt or constraint.
I'll do it all in moderation since I still have a long way to go...

My advice to self....just suck it up...it'll get better. Don't give up.

No comments: