Wednesday, May 12, 2010

as i plucked down the last star....



Even as I hugged each one of my friends goodbye…
Even as we cried together that fateful night…
Somewhere, deep in my heart…
I was hopeful, in denial – believed whole-heartedly that it was not forever.
We might occasionally bump into each other.
Meet up at weddings, bearing presents and exchange stories.
There’s also the convocation to look forward to…
And of course, the reunions.
But things will never be the same again. I know.
And that pains me.

No more midnight outings for ice-creams…
No more gossips over lunch together…
No more trips to malls to check out new arrivals…
No more drooling over Korean idols in the evenings…

I wouldn’t be able to give opinions on your new clothes…
I wouldn’t be able to buy you ice-creams when you’re sad…
I wouldn’t be able to give you a pat on the back when you deserved it…
I wouldn’t be able to ‘laugh openly’ at your jokes…
Since my SMS couldn’t deliver my voice to you...
cause I am here whereas,
You are there.

As i plucked down the last star from the ceiling,
on my last night at campus as an undergrad...
it finally dawned on me...
the overwhelming feeling of something coming to an end.

As i plucked down the last star from the ceiling,
i also made a wish that the end also marked a new beginning...
new chapter in life...
and of course, another day to spend, playing under the sun
with all of you, my friends.

3 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

OH, I do hate saying goodbye.

Care said...

im currently saying my goodbyes. Moving to California from Texas. leaving behind everything.

moonshin said...

ohh, Care...I only came across your comment a year too late. i'm sorry! hope u r settling well in cali. all d best! ^^