Thursday, April 8, 2010

what i have is small


Mom,
I wish I could buy that Timberland handbag for you…
So you could brag and show it to your friends when you go
for your usual morning trips – selling cakes and rice up at the stalls joint.
You said that it’s a hassle to have a handbag around…
But, I know better.

Dad,
I wish I could take you out on trips across the world.
So you could exchange stories among friends…
Have new experiences to talk about…
I know retirement does not suit you because
the usual light behind your eyes is often absent these days.
Yes, I can tell.

Sis,
I wish I could buy you new clothes when you start your new job.
Lil Sis,
I wish I could buy you tons of delicious things to eat all the time,
and not just occasionally….

I wish I could bring better gifts with me for my students this coming Saturday.
We are getting together again after a long time…
But all that I could bring with me are cheap key chains.

I know that I’m not that good of a person.
I’m not empathic…I’m almost always make trouble for everyone.
I’m of no used in many things…

But please know that…
Even though, what I have is small…
Even though, all that I can give right now is next to nothing…
Please accept them with an open heart…
Family, friends and my students…
I’m grateful to all of you.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Ermayum said...

bukan ke a thought that matters? bukan ke your presence in their life is the best gift of all?
kita memberi apa yang kita mampu moonshin :)
happy weekend :)

read me in where we were part 2:)
write it for you - among others:)

moonshin said...

Yes...that's what people say but...sometimes i wish i could give more or at least to my heart's content.

wish i could be my ideal self soon... hate being at the bottom of the food chain...LOL!!!

you write for me? wow, thanks! i'm checking it out now.
happy days, Ermayum :)

s y a m e m said...

nice! :D

QuE^9^ said...

wahhh.. heart-throbbing post...